Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

William Powell--the Classiest Guy in the Movies

Willam Powell was pretty dope. I loved him in My Man Godfrey. Any other movies I should check him out in. I heard he is pretty good in the thin man series. As far as cary grant goes I think they both complemented each other. Its a shame they didn't get cast as brothers in a movie. Would have been cool.

Thursday, Dec 22nd, TCM is running all 6 films in The Thin Man series. Watch the original film, you will want to see the rest.

And the Thursday after, you'll want to see Powell's other films with Loy. Their chemistry was splendid.

William Powell is just the total bomb diggy groove! I absolutely LOVE watching him do his stuff on screen! And though his flix with Myrna, both Thin Man and "non-Thin Man", displayed one of the greatest, if not THE, greatest screen couple chemistry ever captured on celluloid, it always seemed to me that William could generate that kind of chemistry with any of the female stars and character actors he played against throughout his career! He just had it going on, man!

I agree Mark. It doesn't matter what the script is or who the leading lady is, I just enjoy watching William Powell doing his thing no matter what the film. He's just the definitve Manhattan man about town with a kind of grace and bearing that has probably left this world forever.

Very few actors have only positive reviews. I don't think William Powell has any detractors. He is the epitome of suave, stature and self-assurance. I wish there were more of his silent films available. I could watch William Powell everyday!!! He is positively PERFECT!