Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

William Powell and other great actors

mswright2928

I just love to watch William Powell's movie's. I got to see him in one of his slient movies Sherlock Holmes with John Berrymore & Roland Young. Man were they sooo young looking I know they were young but after watching them when they are older it's funny to see them so young looking and you could tell who was who. I had no problem picking any of them out. But I really love to watch The Thin Man Movies, I really love all the oldies and I do have a lot of my favorites that I own. I still have to add the The Thin Man ones to my collection. I have over 1000 movies now and have watched all of them. I wished that there were more stations like TMC that had no breaks in the movies. I guess that's why I buy movies. There are so many other actors that I like and have done research on. It's funny but I have always though of my self as a movie buff. Would love to chat with others that share my love of movies. What I think is strange is that the TMC store dosen't have the movie My six loves. That is one movie I would love to put in my collection. I did find a website that had it for sale and that's going to be one of my Christmas gifts along with The Thin Man collection.

I see that they are going to be showing all 6 movies on 12/22/11 starting at 8pm and since I have a dvr I'm going to record them so I can watch them all on Christmas day, I don't think my order will get to me by Christmas. Last year I order the whole Abbott and Costello collection of 15 moives and didn't get it till Feburary, I ordered way back in November. I was told that they don't make them untill they have enought orders for them. So if I recorde The Thin Man ones then I'll be able to watch them till I get my order. Any one who would like to talk movies please feel free to message me. I would love to see what actors other's like and what movies interest others.

Thank You

Ms. Wright

It's so groovy that you are enjoying William Powell on TCM!!! I agree, TCM is the BEST!! I absolutely loved all the William Powell flix that were on last week, and actually didn't realize he was in that SHERLOCK HOLMES flick until I watched it!!! WOW! It was so great!!

I love many of the flix on TCM!!! Glad you are enjoying them! I also will be looking forward to that night of Thin Man flix! Even though I do own the set already, I enjoy watching movies on TV, in a somewhat common experience with fellow classic film fans! Hope you get your set soon!

Enjoy the films!

Another Powell fan , glad to read that. Welcome to the boards mswright2928, hope you join in whenever possible. Some of the posters get a little out of hand, don't let that bother you. -- Sherlock Holmes was Powell's first movie -- I hope you are getting the full set of 6 Thin Man films because there's also a Nick and Nora dvd that bios William Powell and Myrna Loy. It costs more then the 4 movie set (the first 4 Thin Man movies) but I think that getting the last 2 films and the bonus bio dvd are worth the price. I printed out the IMDb page of all of Powell's films and am checking them off one by one, hope to see as many as possible. TCM is just about the only outlet for us to enjoy these old classics, I hope that its around for a long time, and keeps the format as pure as possible.

I too welcome you to the TCM message boards. Powell is my all-time favorite actor; I love his manner, his suavity, that droll sense of humor, that charming voice. I can only imagine what my life would be like if I had the aura of a William Powell.

Glad you're a classic movie buff, and I hope people here don't mind if I cordially invite you to visit a classic Hollywood blog I run that covers all sorts of topics, but usually focuses on Powell's second wife: http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings