Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EASTMAN HOUSE DAY

ThelmaTodd

Today is a thoroughly extraordinary day on TCM! The films from the *George Eastman House* archive are being aired! I saw some of the first one, *Bluebird (1918),* a fantasy film. It was a rematkable and imaginative film shot with color tinted film stock. Do record or tune in!

Years ago, I attended a screening and presentation held by the curator of the Eastman House. He showed Josephine Baker's *Princess Tam Tam (1935) and Zou Zou (1934),* made in France. I fell in love with the films, especially Tam Tam. which had sequences that rivalled the most imaginative Hollywood musicals of the period. The film was in unscratched with clear soundtrack, as it was explained that it sat in the can for decades. I never forgot it afterwards and made a number of phone calls to the Eastman House and to some video publishers begging that it be released on video. I think my persistence bore fruit and both films were released by one of the houses I contacted on video.

My warmest thanks and most enthusiastic regards to both the Eastman House and to TCM for having joined up to give us old film fans a day of rarely seen early films!

Hi Cody,

I started this thread not noticing that slaytonf had already dedicated one to this day! I've been active listing pictures and youtube links to the films as they air on that thread! That might be especially helpful to those who are working throughout the day and might like to be able to catch up on what they missed. This joint effort with the Eastman people is exciting and is turning up a lot of interesting film. It may not be the last time TCM and Eastman work together!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings