Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Delicious 1931, starring Janet Gaynor

mrroberts

*Delicious* starring Janet Gaynor was on Dec 14th. I saw part of this film sometime ago, never knew the name of it but when I started watching yesterday I realized what it was and had to watch the whole film. I have never known a lot about Janet Gaynor movies but found her very charming in this one, I can she why she was such a big star in her time. I put her right at the top of my "cute" list along with Priscilla Lane. I'll have to start looking at more Janet movies.

When I saw Gaynor in the Borzage and Murnau movies (*7th Heaven*, *Street Angel*, *Sunrise*, etc.) her expressive acting drew me in and so I feel she was great in silents for that reason, because she could hold one's attention. *Sunrise* would be my runaway favorite but I really liked *Street Angel* also.

saw part of one of her silents years ago with charles farrell & fell in love with this hunk--but every time i see him in a precode i am disappointed...& i don't want to be...his voice does not go with this looks & he is not a great actor--but he is good in silents...i don't know if this link will work--i don't know how to upload pictures here--but google his image & see if you agree...

"http://www.listal.com/viewimage/2467688#.Tu0Fmk7JWwM.livejournal"

Darn, I missed it! I watched THE SHAMROCK HANDICAP a few days ago, and did not realise this one was on the schedule.

I have a soft spot for Ms. Gaynor and Charles Farrel. She is such a cutie in silents and talkies, you just cannot help but love her.

Being used to his silent period lovable charakters, of the early talkies I have seen him in, my favourite Charles Farrel film is LILIOM.

His voice and mannerisms in this film rejects everything he previously did in silents, perhaps that's why some folks get put off by this (in my opinion)

All that aside, anything with Gaynor & Farrel is always welcome! :P

> {quote:title=cee wrote:}{quote}

> saw part of one of her silents years ago with charles farrell & fell in love with this hunk--but every time i see him in a precode i am disappointed...& i don't want to be...his voice does not go with this looks & he is not a great actor--but he is good in silents...i don't know if this link will work--i don't know how to upload pictures here--but google his image & see if you agree...

>

> "http://www.listal.com/viewimage/2467688#.Tu0Fmk7JWwM.livejournal"

An ad, but then it worked!

Cee, you mention pre codes, have you seen him in

[Aggie Appleby Maker of Men [VHS]|http://www.amazon.com/Aggie-Appleby-Maker-Men-VHS/dp/6302326346/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1324201541&sr=1-3] Starring Charles Farrell and the very underrated Wynne Gibson? Have no idea why this never runs on TCM, since it's an RKO film. Found the VHS a few years back...it's still dirt cheap (well, $4.75 used) on amazon.

You are right, his voice doesn't quite go with him, but I "bought" him as an actor in this film....

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings