Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Perhaps someone might know...

CFVasquez

I have very little knowldege of this film and only saw the first 30 mins maybe so this description is going to be painfully vauge but here it goes:

This film played on TCM quite a few years ago. It was probably filmed in the late 60s or early 70s so it was in color. A lovely young woman goes to visit a house where there is an older woman. They get to talking and it becomes clear that this older woman does not care too much for her visitor and ends up locking her in an upstairs bedroom/attic. I can't really remember much of the dialogue but I sort of got the impression that this young lady was either engaged to or married to this womans son and maybe he died or something? And the young lady was with or engaged to another man and this is what angered the mother (enough so to lock her in the attic). I suppose this would be considered suspense/thriller. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (:

I believe the movie you're thinking of is Die Die My Darling with Stephanie Powers and Tallulah Bankhead. The film basically follows the story you posted although I think Ms Bankhead was a religious fanatic. It was one of the Hammer psycho thrillers.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings