Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In Love With Winona Ryder

I had a crush on her when I was a kid, but I totally grew out of that. But now I love her more than ever before: when she guest-hosted this Summer she was great and I can't wait to see her on Wednesday.

In the promo she says to Robert Osborne: "You better look out... I'm gunning for your job!" I know she was kidding, and God Forbid if Mr. O EVER leaves TCM, but I wouldn't mind seeing Winona stop by once a week to partner with him... or even do the overnights. She is so beautiful and such a great hostess... I honestly think she's better at this than as an actress (and that's no insult to her.) She's just awesome...

Winona if you are reading this, call me.

Sorry. Not in love with Winona. I think she was woefully miscast in AGE OF INNOCENCE (and I don't see how she earned an Oscar nomination for it).

But I think she is perfect in the 1994 remake of LITTLE WOMEN. She does a splendid job, but I think I probably can tolerate her more in that one because she doesn't carry the film...she shares the load with Susan Sarandon.

LOL... yes, Finance. I am a man. I like women. I started that other thread to give the female fans here a chance to name the men they found attractive because I feel like we guys are always talking about the actresses we like. It never occurred to me that anyone would think I wasn't a guy but I guess in that thread I didn't specify. :^0

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}winona-ryder-2.jpg

Aah yes...Winona. She is quite the little deer, isn't she?!

No, I didn't misspell that word.

See?!

2469862704_12d26c5d13_z.jpg?zz=1

(...yeah yeah, I know...I just couldn't resist the ol' "doe-eyed" joke here, that's all) ;)

I scarcely know what to make of Ryder these days, as my everlasting memory of her will always be that of a foul-mouthed and somewhat androgynous taxi driver in Jim Jarmusch's Night on Earth , a film which I would LOVE to see sometime soon on TCM. AFAIC both she and Rosie Perez should have won Oscars for their roles in that most sublime of modern era comedies.

Her choices (aside from the rarely screened The Front ) are a trifle uninspired, but nonetheless, she did a fantastic job guest hosting this summer and she's been fantastic thus far tonight- the anecdotes are inspired, her rapport with Os is great and her entusiasm is palpable.

I really wish she was doing The Essentials instead of Drew Poo.