Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Encore Western schedule change

TopBilled

Fans of classic western television series, take note:

The Virginian leaves the airwaves at the end of the month. So does Maverick and Cheyenne. Instead, we will now have Laredo, the half-hour version of Gunsmoke, and reruns of Rawhide.

There is an all-day marathon of Laredo on December 31st, an all-day marathon of Rawhide on January 1st, then an all day marathon of the 30-minute episodes of Gunsmoke on January 2nd.

_Here is the new line-up of western TV series:_

*Monday thru Friday afternoon:*

Lawman

Have Gun - Will Travel

Laredo

Wagon Train

Rawhide

Gunsmoke (half-hour)

Gunsmoke (half-hour)

Gunsmoke (one hour)

*Saturday morning:*

Laredo

Wagon Train

Have Gun - Will Travel

Gunsmoke (half-hour)

Rawhide

Also leaving the airwaves are the Saturday morning reruns of BRET MAVERICK, CIMARRON STRIP and HOW THE WEST WAS WON.

{font:Times New Roman} {font}{font:}{color:black}We just started getting MeTV which just quit the 30 minute *Gunsmoke* episodes so this is the chance to finally see them again after a long time. The others are welcome additions. The rest have run their course. We'll all adjust.{font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

I will miss The Virginian, but at least the first five seasons including Men of Shiloh are now on DVD.

I am eager to see those Rawhide episodes again.

I wonder if they will ever show Bonanza...it is a Paramount production, and Encore airs mostly Universal features and television series.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings