Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Remembers song

jenpops

The other day I was watching the channel and they had a video/commercial called TCM Remembers.

The song was wonderful, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name and/or

artist who does it? It is by a female and is slow...almost Norah Jones sounding. Any ideas??

I've also been curious about the title and performer of the music used for this year's "TCM Remembers."

I always enjoy (well, that may not be the best word... how about "appreciate?") every year's version and watch whenever I happen upon it. I'll continue to do that this year, but with one difference: I'll be making liberal use of my remote's "mute" button. I know part of my feeling about this is personal opinion- however informed it may be- but to me, this year's choice is simply a poor fit. Why not use music appropriate to the era of the people being honored and the clips being shown?

I can't even remember noticing the music of past "TCM Remembers" shorts, but the first time I heard 2011's, it stuck out like an audio sore thumb. I don't care if someone thinks the lyrics fit the sentiment of the short- I can't understand them anyway! In fact, for some time now, I've noticed lyrics stuffed in where they're really not needed (or wanted, by some of us): in incidental TV music, series themes... all over the place. I hope this is one trend that will soon be turning around.

In a more cheerful mood, best seasonal wishes to classic movie fans of all persuasions!

Now, where'd that mistletoe... ?

Oh yes... mmmmmm'WAHHHH!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings