Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where does one suggest a LGBT theme week?

Welcome, givenbak. One way is simply to post your schedule here. These threads are read by some of the network people. Other posters will be interested to see it, too.

Come February or March, there will be another unofficial programming challenge, where people are invited to come up with a week of programming, including all the usual elements of a week (Imports, Silents, Underground, along with a special theme). I'll be moderating this challenge, having won the last one, and most of your schedule will slide easily into that format. Why not do both? Quite a number of people on these boards are interesting in LGBT themes in classic films. I recently did a "Gay Essentials" thread which brought forth a lot of response. Run a search for, say, *Sylvia Scarlett*, and you'll find that whole discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The toughest challenge is striking the balance between quality, availability, educational value, inclusion and choosing films people probably have not seen before but would want to. It's difficult to be completest too. For example, I'd love to see the first American gay subject film, Children of Loneliness, because of its historical importance but its a lost film and all I have are 4 promotional stills. I think what I'll do is refine my structure and post it next week.