Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenge, help me name this film w/ very few details!

NolaBound

Dear Reader,

I caught this film somewhere towards the end. I remember it was playing on TCM on a weekday in the evening.

It ended with a father, his daughter, and the man she loves. The father was there looking at his pocket watch. I think it was the daugther who left on the train and the other man was chasing after her but left on the platform speaking to the father. He tells him to go after her.

(Please note, I could have this reversed and it's the man who was leaving on the train and the daughter who was chasing.)

Either way, I remember the ending being very sweet but I saw it awhile ago and it's killing me that I can't remember the father's name.

Also to be noted, afterwards Robert Osborne said something to the effect of "It's interesting to see (actor playing the father) in an older, paternal role since he is better know from his earlier roles." Maybe something of a playboy, I'm not sure.

I'm sorry for the lack of details! Any leads, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings