Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Auntie Mame

gwenny

Auntie Mame was first a best-selling book. Then it became a stage play with Rosalind Russell. Then the movie, which you are watching now, which is quite wonderful. Then, some time later, it became a stage musical, with Angela Lansbury. Then, that musical was made into a SIMPLY AWFUL film with Lucille Ball.

Thank you Swithin! That was very informative! I think you are right about the Lucille Ball version it now ting-a-linged with me when you said that! I seem to remember something of this when I was a younger person! Lucille Ball was no Singer!!! ♪♫ :_|

I will show my husband your post thank you very much! My eleven Year old son and I are enjoying this very much! The dragon in the beginning was a HOOT!!! :^0

Time to hit record on the DVR as it is late!!

*Auntie Mame* is a wondrous comedy with patches of drama in which Rosalind Russell gives a spectacular performance. Also excellent are Peggy Cass as Gooch and Coral Browne as Vera.

The musical version, *Mame*, stars a badly miscast Lucille Ball, but the film, which has great music by Jerry Herman, is still worth watching for Beatrice Arthur as Vera and Jane Connell as Gooch.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings