Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW

aline

I cannot bear to watch this film. It has to be one of the most

heart wrenching films I've ever seen. The sweet elderly couple are sacrificed for bridge night?

When it is scheduled, I run to my private collection.

Any one else?

I love this movie but find it excruciatingly painful to watch as well. I even have it on DVD so I can "not watch it" any time I feel like it. :D

I think it's director Leo McCarey's best film and one of the finest ever made about coming to terms with old age in our present society (things are harder now in some ways, than even back then).

I saw it for the first time last spring or summer. While it is very sad I find it only that way for the first half or so. When the parents get back together for their date I find it romantic and nostalgic, if only for that bit of time. Moore and Bondi are wonderful and for that day they make me forget about all the sorrow that has come before.

You are right. I watched it again. I forgot about the "second honeymoon" they shared

in the city and how lovely the hotel staff, even the band, was to them. The ending is

amibiguous, so in my film, they are reunited. I think Leon Ames will have a change of heart.

I thank you all for your responses. Happy New Year to my TCM friends!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings