Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Great Boxing Day (Dec. 26th) gift of Alexander Korda movies

filmlover

Thanks Filmlover, for posting the beautiful poster art from all those great movies. It has been rough trying to watch all or bits and pieces of all the movies. Thankfully, I was off work and gave me a chance to enjoy them. Not getting much done but they are all worth seeing again.

I agree, it was really special to have all those films shown in a row. The quality of these films is pretty impressive but I can't quite put my finger on it. Can we start calling it the "Korda Touch"?

Thankfully, I had seen most of these before, so catching bits & pieces in between family activities was ok. But I wisely recorded the gorgeous Thief Of Bagdad for later viewing.

When I later checked my recorder to see if it worked ok, I was astounded by the gorgeous imagery/sets/costumes. We'll be saving this one for "family night" viewing together.

Thanks, TCM. This day made up for your New Years scheduling blunder.

Korda and his brothers were from Hungary, and here is a biographical article with some embedded youtube of some of his films published on an English language website from Budapest:

http://www.pestiside.hu/20100827/lift-up-your-hearts-a-tribute-to-hungarian-filmmaking-great-alexander-korda/

A number of the vieos have been withdrawn over time, but you can still se some of his less often seen films, like *Sanders Of The River (1935), Conquest Of the Air (1936) and Q Planes (1939)*.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings