Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ooops! Where's Sidney G.?

allthumbs

today's Sidney Greenstreet's birthday, and the TCM announcer said they're paying a mini-tribute to him today by showing four films: Passage to Marsaille, Treasure of Sierra Madre, The Maltese Falcon, and Casablanca.

problem is, Sidney G isn't in "Treasure"! i checked around and thought he might appear as uncredited, but there's no "uncredited" citation for him. (i did find an uncredited listing for Ann Sheridan in "Treasure".)

am i missing something?

And here I was, thinking it was a delayed Bogart tribue as his b-day was Christmas day.

Why couldn't they crank out some films which have a greater percentage of footage for Mr. Greenstreet? Such as THE VERDICT, THREE STRANGERS or THE MASK OF DIMITRIOS.

It could have been worse, we could have had the staff write an intro for Bob or Ben stating that Greenstreet had one of his best roles in THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE.

Clore, I too thought this was some type of delayed tribute to Bogie. They have access to quite a few Greenstreet films to have made this blunder (although I love TREASURE). Also, I think it is possible to have shown a block of 4 films he did without Bogie. I like to be able to immediately identify who is being given a tribute when I first glance at my guide.

I would have liked to see MASK OF DIMITRIOS again. Not aired often and last aired on a night of Zachary Scott films.

> {quote:title=Fedya wrote:}{quote}

> Where's Robert Greig? ;-)

He closes out the year with a tribute spread over the last three days:

Thu. Dec. 29 8:00 PM The Great Ziegfeld

Fri. Dec. 30 3:30 PM Trouble in Paradise

Sat. Dec. 31 2:15 PM Animal Crackers

Sat. Dec. 31 5:30 PM Horse Feathers

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings