Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tokjat2000

Alan Ladd Birthday

Since January and September have passed lets plan on a birthday day for Veronica Lake and Alan Ladd with Wm Bendix, Howard De Silva etc. All of their flics brought to you by Paramount. Glass Key, Blue Dahlia, The Great Gatsby etc. Lets go Mr. Osborne....

Hi tokjat!

All the films you mention, being 1940's Paramounts seem to be owned by Universal Studios, so if TCM would want to schedule them, they'd have to lease or license them. And most (if not all) of those actors' most famous films, at least from the 1940s were made at Paramount (Veronica Lake, Alan Ladd, Howard Da Silva, Bendix, etc.)

I think that TCM has aired both "I married a Wicth" and "Sullivan's Travels", starring Vero Lake. Look up for them.

The one Alan Ladd film I would really like to see is THIS GUN FOR HIRE. I've seen a number of his other films shown on TCM, but not this one. I hope someone in the programming department can make this happen.