Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sad to see December end

MaryLyn2

This December ended on a happy note. During this past week, its been comedies about decorations (Xmas and summer).

Right now I'm watching "Battle of the Bulbs" (2010) a comedy about feuding neighbors that go to extremes to win an annual Christmas decoration contest. Its a low budget film *not* including the decorations. I hope they freak on the power bill. :^0 Nice way to end the holidays.

Couple of nights ago, I watched "Gnomeo and Juliet" (2011). Very funny, never thought they make a movie about my lawn. Got a couple of good one liners. Has a feuding story line also.

*They are not exactly green.*

Battle-of-the-Bulbs-2010.jpg

Edited by: hamradio on Jan 1, 2012 1:20 AM

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}I'm with you! Along with the holidays, I'm always sad to see the end of the year, and usually TCM has a rocking lineup in December, as they did this year, with William Powell flix and so many other greats! Still looking forward to the Marx Bros all day New Year's Eve!

December was a great month. I hope they pick Robert Montgomery for SOTM next December. Like William Powell and December 2010's SOTM Mickey Rooney, they have a large number of his films on tap, plus most of his films were fun, and though not Christmas-like, definitely light-hearted fare and in the spirit of the season. By next December it will have been almost seven years since Montgomery was star of the month, so it would be time for him to have this honor again.

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}I'm with you! Along with the holidays, I'm always sad to see the end of the year, and usually TCM has a rocking lineup in December, as they did this year, with William Powell flix and so many other greats! Still looking forward to the Marx Bros all day New Year's Eve!

> December was a great month. I hope they pick Robert Montgomery for SOTM next December. Like William Powell and December 2010's SOTM Mickey Rooney, they have a large number of his films on tap, plus most of his films were fun, and though not Christmas-like, definitely light-hearted fare and in the spirit of the season. By next December it will have been almost seven years since Montgomery was star of the month, so it would be time for him to have this honor again.

While I too like Robert Montgomery, I am hoping that stars who have never been SOTM are honored in the new year!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings