Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"I Love You Again"

seejay45

I want to recommend a wonderful movie that is scheduled as part of the William Powell tribute tomorrow night. Titled "I Love You Again," it's a comedy that is sometimes silly, but a hilarious antidote to any holiday depression you might be experiencing. Perhaps overshadowed by the Thin Man series and other Powell/Loy films, it's a real gem . Both of those stalwarts are at their best, but an absolutely essential part of the film's perfection is the marvelous Frank McHugh. He should have been nominated--and awarded--the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

Although viewers, as did the townspeople of the film's Habersville, PA., must occasionally "suspend disbelief," during the improbable story, it doesn't matter in the end. You just don't ask too many questions.

Everyone in the film is superb; the lovely, marcelled-haired Nella Walker somehow managed to keep a straight face in all of her scenes, but I can only imagine how many takes were needed to get the bedroom scene, after the robbery, completed. Watch for it. In fact, watch the whole film. It's a delight--and a testament to the important contribution of the great character actors of that era.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings