Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Years Resolutions

sfpcc1

It's almost the end of the year. It's time to make resolutions for 2012. I'd make a crack about

not keeping them but I don't know who is reading this.

I guess resolution is to slightly cut back on movie watching. I estimated that in 2011 I watched 952 films, (with three days to go.) That averages 2.62 movies a day. Of that number, only two of those films I saw in a theater, (Rango, and Midnight In Paris.) I think 750 should be ok.

All right, to slightly echo your thoughts, I don't do new year's resolutions.

I think while the intentions are good, the vast majority never last. Also, if I feel I need to make a change, I make the change when it needs to be done. I don't wait for a specific time or date. (People who want to shed a few pounds or quit smoking, for example, often say I'll start Monday...This is my last cigarette, or I'll have this one last dessert.) Just a setup for disappointment if you ask me. If you need to make improvements, start now.

Now that I've vented :8} ! To answer the question (if I were to make any resolutions), they would be:

1. Don't procrastinate

2. Try not to let little things that shouldn't bother me, bother me

Speaking of resolutions in general, for me it is always more helpful to stick to achieving a goal if there is some kind of looming deadline or outside pressure. If I say, "I will do X starting January 1" there is more of a likelihood that I will fail. But if I say, "I will do X starting January 1 because on March 1 this will be happening," that's a better motivation.

But yeah, I have upcoming resolutions like many...

> {quote:title=Fedya wrote:}{quote}

> I'm trying to figure whether I should resolve to be nicer to the usual suspects who complain about the same things over and over, or resolve to be even snarkier to them. :-)

It is an art to seem kindly when every word you write is 100% pure snark.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings