Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Roy Rogers Salute at Rose Parade

lzcutter

Hey all you buckaroos!

Roy Rogers is being feted by the Rose Parade this Monday. Dusty Rogers (Roy, Jr) and his band, Trigger, Bullet and some of Roy's grandchildren will all be on a western themed float honoring Roy's centennial.

So, get up early and catch the Rose Parade on Monday, Jan. 2nd. (No parade or Rose Bowl game on Jan. 1st this year because it is a Sunday and the charter for the Rose Committee specifies that no parade or game is held on the day of the Lord).

To tide you over till Monday:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-roy-rogers-float-20111230,0,6092661.story

Dale'

Hope you got to watch the parade. Did you see the Palomino in the Roy Rogers unit throw his rider and then fall. The rider got up and looked OK and the horse seemed unhurt. I got nervous for a few seconds when the horse reared and I saw the rider fall. You never can tell what a spooked horse will do. I've been there on a spooked horse everything happens so fast. I've seen a spooked horse clear a big car with a teenager holding on for dear life. They stopped him and no one was hurt,but it's a scarey feeling...

Roy,

Yep, I was watching the Channel 5 local broadcast with Bob Eubanks and Stephanie Edwards. They said there were a couple of bicyclists near the Roy Rogers riders and the reins of the horse got snared in the handlebars of one of the bicyclists.

The bicyclists were adviced to get off the parade route, pronto.

I felt really bad for the rider who through no fault of his own had to dismount and walk the route.

I'm just glad he's okay.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings