Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"These Amazing Shadows" on PBS - EXCELLENT!

Tikisoo

I posted a few weeks ago about this Independent Lens show broadcast last night on PBS. A very well done film about the National Film Registry and preservation.

The sentiments expressed by those interviewed were insightful & eloquent (Leonard Maltin, John Waters, Nina Paley to name a few celebs) along with academic points of view by those (less famous) who teach film. As a narrative it touches on all the things we all love about film as an art form.

Look in your local PBS listings for a possible rebroadcast if you missed it.

I did find it ironic however, that the catalyst for it's inception was uproar about Ted Turner colorizing film. Later when it shows an example of the "restoration" of film, it's eerily reminiscent of the primitive "colorization" process.

Ha! I found it. It's airing on Jan. 7th, 9th, and 12th.

Finding out when a PBS show will be aired on my local channel is difficult.

First I have to remember the name of the channel, the call-sign, and there are 4 different ones in this state. Then I have to search for the search box, which seems to drift around the main home page a little.

Then I have to translate their weird code which gives the call-sign, date, and time of day.

But, I did find it.

Thank you. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings