Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Saw Bob Toast?

Bolesroor

Our man was wearing his tux, holding a glass of champagne, introducing the TCM premiere of "Panic In The Streets," and just before the fadeout he lifts his glass and drinks.

Nicely done, guys... proving once again why TCM is the greatest network on television and why Robert Osborne is The Man.

> {quote:title=MaryLyn2 wrote:}{quote}I missed it. The line up of movies last night did not appeal to me, so I did not watch TCM. I watched Burns and Allen and the Jack Benny Show.

I was watching those shows on Antenna TV also. I probably saw a half-dozen of each, but I came close to screaming out loud. It seems that every break had the Cash4Gold ad, the only difference is that one spot is longer than the other and has two extra testimonials.

After the Benny show with Johnny Carson, I went to my DVD collection and had my own BARNEY MILLER marathon.

Antenna TV had a Hitchcock marathon on Halloween weekend. If you watch them after midnight, every break has an ad for some 1-800 number that starts with a blonde woman saying "I like guys my age, I like guys younger than me, and I just love guys older than me."

Then a nasal-sounding brunette comes on and says "Sometimes we just talk, and sometimes it gets soooo good, we just have to take it to the next level. You can't have fun if you don't make the call."

I figure that maybe I could combine that with the other ad and come up with "Cash4Golddiggers."

> {quote:title=Bolesroor wrote:}{quote}Yes, Clore! Anybody who has a "Barney Miller" marathon is just fine by me.

>

> Now who wants to send me their gold? ;)

I was quite fortunate with the Barney Miller set. This was the recently released set with all eight seasons. I had it in my Amazon cart and was about to buy it when it hit eighty bucks - that was 50% off. So, I moved a few things out of the "ready to buy" part of the cart and when the screen refreshed, it turned out that the set was on one of those "Deal of the hour" sales and it was now just 68 dollars.

I had some reservations at first about double dipping as I already owned the first three seasons, but at this price even I could not resist and I gave the old discs to my brother.

>

HEY!

Here's a list of cities that have ANTENNA TV channels. This page takes a couple of minutes to load the US map:

http://www.antennatv.tv/affiliates/

Schedule:

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=antennatv

People with new TVs and cable or sat boxes should know that they CAN ALSO RECEIVE BROADCAST TV OVER THE AIR WITH A SMALL ANTENNA. Almost all of the broadcast channels are HD.

I'm out in the middle of no-where, but I receive 8 HD broadcast channels. That's because many big TV stations in big cities have small "repeater" transmitters located in small towns and remote areas. So, many people in remote areas can receive broadcast channels via the repeaters. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings