Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need to find out the name of this old movie

I do not recall if it is in black & white or color but an airplane crashes during WWII (I think) and everyone aboard is dead but does not realize it. They are waiting to be rescued. Towards the end when the rescue finds their bodies one by one they start to disappear as their bodies are found except one last remaining guy who is never found. He ends up alone.

Thanks in advance.

Jen

That sounds like it could be one of two TV shows. The first was "King Nine Will Not Return", which was a Twilight Zone episode that aired in 1960 with Robert Cummings.. The second was "Sole Survivor" which was a made for T^V movie in 1970 with Richard Basehart and Vince Edwards. Both shows were based on a real incident . In 1958 in the Libyan desert a B-24 was found. It had crashed in 1943 and all the bodies were found except one.. I hope that helps somewhat.....

I appreciate your reply. I looked at both the movie and series and unfortunately neither is what I'm looking for. I recall that the bodies were dug up and as they were taken away the "ghost" or soul of each body vanished. I believe it was an English movie.