Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! Man Murders Wife, Buries Her on Their Desert Horse Trail

cherie62

I need help finding a movie title. It was in black and white, probably late 1940's through 1950's timeframe. The wife is rich, and the husband has many affairs. To work on their marraige, the wife buys an isolated old ranch in a small desert town. They are fixing it up, and don't even have a phone in the house. They must drive to a small general store to make phone calls. The husband still is seeing a woman on the side, but they plot the wife's murder so they can have money to start a new life together. The husband sneaks off alot to the general store to call her. The wife's murdered on the horse trail on their property, in an isolated spot. The husband reports the wife as missing ( I think the girlfriend takes the car to make it look like the wife never came home from doing errands.) The general store owner tells the police, when questioned, about all of the husband's phone calls - and may have seen the girlfriend, too.I can't remember the exact end, but it the husband is found out on the horse trail on his property. The policeman was there, looking for clues and something made him see a freshly dug spot on the trail. ( The wife's horse was there injured and wandered off and the policeman found it at that spot?)

Can someone tell me the title of this movie? Thanks!

Cheryl

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings