Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Poltergeist (1982)

joefilmone

• 2 months later...

Yes its still really creepy, and features a great score and plenty of good jump scares/freaky moments. The tree coming to life, the clown attacking the kid, plus the infamous bathroom scene are among many parts that are incredibly memorable. Plus of course the classic line "They're here...."

Has anybody ever decided whether or not Tobe Hooper directed ANY of this movie?

I remember how he was getting hype--at first--for making this blockbuster.

But then, he clammed up and the line began to appear that he might have directedd SOME parts of it.

Anyway, it's one of the few movies from the eighties that has aged pretty well--and the cast seems to have prospered in some ways except I don't see Jobeth Williams anywhere and Craig Nelson appears occasionaly on TV series.

now ain't this odd..my grandchildren can watch (and love) movies with giant insects/bugs, space creatures, haunted houses, dinosaurs, etc..but when they started watching Poltergeist they told me to turn it off because it scared them.

Jobeth Williams is one of the reasons the movie has endured- she gives a great performance as the mother desperately seeking her litle girl lost. She is the heart of the movie. Of course children would be terrified of this movie- the setting is so real that the fantastic horrors are more effective.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings