Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bansi4

***ASK MONGO***

Hi there Ralph, thanks for the post. I am still trying to find out.....

Anyway I'm pasting the programme for Monday so if tomorrow you will be watching the same films then your listings come from the Europe-Middle East-Africa site :

Monday 6th March 2006

GMT 20.00 / CET 21.00 White Heat

"Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" Cagney delivers his most famous line - and a blistering performance - as a psychotic mobster in one of

the greatest gangster films of all time. Walsh directs with pace and flair, and the final shoot-out's a classic movie moment.

Starring: James Cagney, Virginia Mayo, Edmond O'Brien, Margaret Wycherly, Steve Cochran, Director: Raoul Walsh,

Genre: Crime, United States, (1949) (109 mins) (PG) (B/W), Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Norwegian,

Swedish Dubbing: English, Spanish

GMT 21.50 / CET 22.50 Angels with Dirty Faces

Cagney, Bogart and O'Brien star in this greatest of gangster love-and-loyalty melodramas from director Curtiz. Cagney does his best to

corrupt the Dead End Kids before Fate deals him an unforgettable comeuppance.

Starring: James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, Pat O'Brien, Ann Sheridan, George Bancroft, Director: Michael Curtiz,

Genre: Crime, United States, (1938) (94 mins) (PG) (B/W), Subtitles: Danish, Dutch, English, Greek, Hebrew,

Norwegian, Swedish Dubbing: English

GMT 23.25 / CET 00.25 Savage Messiah

Ken Russell's typically intense and erotic depiction of the love affair between the wild young French sculptor Gaudier-Brzeska, killed

during World War I at the age of only 24, and a Polish woman 20 years his senior.

Starring: Dorothy Tutin, Scott Antony, Helen Mirren, Lindsay Kemp, Peter Vaughan, Director: Ken Russell, Genre:

Romance, European Origin, (1972) (95 mins) (18) (Colour), Subtitles: Greek, Hebrew, Norwegian, Swedish Dubbing:

English

GMT 01.05 / CET 02.05 The Good Earth

One of the great prestige Hollywood productions of the '30s, based on Pearl S. Buck's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. Paul Muni and Luise

Rainer, who won an Oscar, star in this tale of a humble Chinese family whose future is threatened by greed.

Starring: Paul Muni, Luise Rainer, Walter Connolly, Tilly Losch, Charley Grapewin, Director: Sidney Franklin, Genre:

Drama Movie, United States, (1937) (133 mins) (U) (B/W), Subtitles: Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Swedish Dubbing:

English

GMT 03.25 / CET 04.25 Invitation to the Dance

Star and director Kelly's ambitious musical tells three different stories entirely through dance. Featuring some great ballet stars,

including Toumanova and Youskevitch, and music by Ibert, Previn and Rimsky-Korsakov.

Starring: Gene Kelly, Igor Youskevitch, Claire Sombert, Tamara Toumanova, Director: Gene Kelly, Genre: Musical,

European Origin, (1956) (90 mins) (U) (Colour), Subtitles: Greek, Norwegian Dubbing: M&E

I would like to know the title and main actors & actresses of a movie I saw on TCM within the last year. It was about a women in her 20s who was writing either here college thesis, a book, or some kind of research article on sex, cheating, & happiness. She was a psychology major, about to graduate school.

I missed the beginning of it, but I think the plot was that the girl (her name might have been kitty or ginger, but I'm really not sure..)started to get to know a few guys who were all friends & most were married. She found out about their sex lives and what they wanted & liked. They all thought each other had had sex with her, but in actuality none of them had, but they wouldn't say anything to each other about it. Then she met a guy who she liked, but he was friends with the men she had been using for her research. They went to a baseball game & it rained while she watched him. She called up the men she had been learning about's wives, and interviewed them about sex to compare..

I'm not 100% sure if that's exact for the main body of the movie, but I do remember very specifically that at the end of the movie all of the wives and their husbands ended up in the girls apartment with each other. They all started fighting. The girl tries to get them to stop and then explains what she was doing and that the husbands didn't cheat with her. The very end of the movie was the girl and the guy she liked hugging and he repeats her name a few times right next to the door to the apartment.

PLEASE help. I really want to see this movie over from the beginning!

Aandreaa, your movie is "Boys' Night Out" (1962) with Kim Novak as Cathy. Also in the movie were James Garner, Tony Randall and Howard Duff.

Mongo

Aandreaa, your movie is "Boys' Night Out" with Kim Novak as Cathy. Also in the film were James Garner, Tony Randall and Howard Duff.

Aandreaa, your movie is "Boys' Night Out" (1962) with Kim Novak as Cathy. Also in the film were James Garner, Tony Randall and Howard Duff.

Mongo

I think the movie you are talking about is "Boy's Night Out" with Kim Novak.

I think the movie you are talking about is "Boy's Night Out" with Kim Novak.

I think the film you are talkin' about is "Boy's Night Out" with Kim Novak.

I think the film you are talking about is "Boy's Night Out" with Kim Novak.

Your movie is "Boys' Night Out" (1962) with Kim Novak as Cathy. Also in the film is James Garner, Tony Randall and Howard Duff.

Mongo

The film you're looking for is Boys' Night Out (1962) with James Garner, Tony Randall, Howard Duff, and Kim Novak (among others). For a complete synopsis:

http://www.classicfilmguide.com/index.php?s=pageA&item=193

Wow, that's strange. There were no responses to this question just two minutes ago when I read this thread. Now there are a dozen;-)

Message was edited by:

path40a

Path, you can't say that we all didn't arise to the occasion to name the movie (ha-ha).

Actually there appeared to be a problem with TCM accepting the posts as a whole page of gibberish came up on the computer screen announcing that there was an error.

After all is said and done we got multiple posts. And if the answer to the question isn't "Boys' Night Out" (1962), I'll do a backflip.

Mongo,

I know that David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young) is the son of cinematographer Floyd Crosby.

Is William Daniels (best known for his role in "The Graduate" and on the TV show "St Elsewhere) the son of of cinematographer William H. Daniels?

Sorry for the mutliple posts and yes, they were not there last night, when I tried to post and the system kept sending error messages. Technology, oh well...

Lynn, the actor William Daniels is not related to cinematographer William F. Daniels.

In fact I believe the 'F' was later added to the cinematographer's name so as not to confuse the two.

gwtwbooklover, the other 4 Oscar nominated actresses in 1958 were:

Deborah Kerr in "Separate Tables"

Shirley MacLaine in "Some Came Running"

Rosalind Russell in "Auntie Mame"

Elizabeth Taylor in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

...and Susan Hayward DID win the best actress Oscar for her performance in "I Want to Live!".

She didn't win for "I'll Cry Tomorrow", at which time Anna Magnani won for "The Rose Tattoo".

well I'll be a monkey's uncle I always had it in my little pea head that she didn't win-go figure....thanks for the info so Butterfield 8 was released after Cat on a Hot Tin Roof? and this is where Liz felt she got the sympathy Oscar so I have another ? which year did Liz win for BF8 and who else were running against Liz. I almost bought the Kitty Kelly book about Liz The Last Star but changed my mind. But I did find a hardcover of GWTW my other hardcopy was old and it fell apart and then I bought a paperback but found one today for $3.00 YIPPEE!

I have another ? When the credits ran for Love Story it listed Tom Lee Jones for the actor we all know as Tommy Lee Jones-how long did he go by Tom Lee? Wondered what made him go by Tommy Lee other than it rolls off the tongue better or maybe I'm use to it and the other seems foreign? Is Tommy Lee Jones his real name and he just went back to it?

gwtwbooklover, it was indeed Tommy Lee Jones who appeared in "Love Sory", his first film.

The Oscar nominees for best actress in 1960 were:

Greer Garson for "Sunrise at Campobello"

Deborah Kerr for "The Sundowners" (should have won)

Shirley MacLaine for "The Apartment"

Melina Mercouri for "Never on Sunday"

Elizabeth Taylor for "BUtterfield 8" (winner)

Remember that Jones was, himself, a Harvard graduate (and roommate of al Gore, who was one of the models for Erich Segal's Oliver Barrett IV in LOVE STORY.

What I was wondering about Jones though is why he is listed as Tom Lee Jones in the credits and why he is now Tommy Lee Jones. I mean is Tommy Lee his real name or did he add it for whatever reason? And How long did he go by Tom Lee before he switched to Tommy Lee? I knew Tommy Lee went to school with Gore I heard him mention it on an interview- I hate to admit it I thought man he's been around a long, long time. I