Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***ASK MONGO***

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mongo,

I wonder if you could give me some info on character actress Rose Dione, best remembered for her role of Madame Tetrallini, the good lady who looks after the "Freaks" of Tod Browning's 1932 landmark film? Thanks in advance.

Thank you Jack, for your knowledgable assistance for which you are correct.

gwtwbooklover/ilovelucyfan, actor Eddie Braken appeared with Lucy just once in the movie "Too Many Girls". He never appeared with her on "I Love Lucy".

Actor Van Johnson approaching age 90 in August, was enjoying a quiet life in retirement, reportedly in Nyack, New York. However it is now rumored that he is at the Motion Picture Country Home.

He does not associate with his only child, a daughter.

Feito, after much research I'm unable to come up any info regarding actress Rose Dione, other than what is posted at IMDb, which isn't much.

All other sources give only her filmography and dates of birth and death.

It is indeed Hattie McDaniel on the stamp, of which I have a commemorative first day of issue. It is nicely mounted with her movie role and personal pictures and her autograph appears as Hattie McDaniel and not McDaniels.

mongo, do you have any info on Patricia Marshall, who played Pat McClellan in GOOD NEWS 1947? It seems that was her only film. I looked online for any info about her, but have come up empty-handed.

thanks

Sandy K

Sandy, actress Patricia Marshall aka Pat Marshall preferred the stage over the screen, although she did make a good impression in the movie "Good News".

She appeared on stage in the 1940s and 1950s, winning a 1946 Theatre World Award.

Also performed in "Mr. Wonderful" and "The Pajama Game" as Babe Williams.

Is married to top comedy writer Larry Gelbart since 1956. He wrote for Sid Caesar, etc. winning numerous awards.

thanks mongo for the info on Van did I mention he is one of my favs-Van I love you.Didn't Gelbert do MASH write for MASH which is one of my favorite TV shows. I remember seeing cartoons after the final episode was aired and it showed people putting there TVs by the curb like they would their trash.

I didn't dwell on the career of Larry Gelbart since the question actually involved his wife Patricia Marshall.

However, I do appreciate the additional info that was supplied.

mongo I have another TV ? this time about All in the Family when did Edith die I mean I once saw an episode where Edith is ill and Archie has her making all the fixings for Saint Paddy's Day and her legs gave out but when the next episode came on it was not in sequence it went to an earlier episode. Did Edith have her "stroke" on an episode I believe it was death by stroke I could be mistaken or did it happen off camera between seasons did they show Archie losing Edith? Also why did Jean Stapleton leave the show was it money or did she feel like doing something else what was the reason they killed Edith? Also how long did the shows Carroll O'Conner did without Edith last? Thank you in advance. By the way Edith was my favorite character on All in the Family she made the show for me.

gwtwbooklover, the hit TV series "All in the Family" ran on CBS from 1971 thru 1979.

At the end of the 1979 season, Jean Stapleton who played the wonderful Edith Bunker, decided that she had enough and called it quits, on good terms.

However she did not want anything to do with the demise of the character of Edith Bunker, which left the writers perplexed.

In the Fall of 1979 "Archie Bunker's Place" (1979-1983) began with an episode about the death of Edith (to explain her absence). It was apparent that she had died in her sleep (another actress was seen in bed, with her back toward the camera) as Archie mourned.

The St. Paddy's Day episode that you mentioned, had Edith on her feet all night cooking corned beef and cabbage which caused phlebitis, and alarmed the family. She quickly recovered from that incident.

Carroll O'Connor (Archie) wasn't happy about Stapleton not participating in the death of Edith, feeling it wasn't fair to leave the show in limbo. However, they did remain friends.

I have two questions the first is any info about Joe Luft and for that matter how is Sid Luft. Wondering about Joe I hope he was able to continue in his photography work. Well the I have 3 questions then. I was watching My Favorite Wife being advertised and I saw a famaliar scene. Anyway to find out if Dennis Quaid copied or was inspired by the elevator scene in Wife to do a take similiar to it in the remake of The Parent Trap? The reactions are so similiar I just wondered. Quaid sees his ex-wife who he thought was in England as the elevator closes and lunges over with the closing of the door sort of like Grant does in Wife. I also recall (it has been awhile since I saw Parent Trap) the 2 wifes also doing the same wave at the surprised men. Just Wondering...thanks Mongo "I suspect you are treasure"

gw, While awaiting Mr. Mongo, I'll dive in. I regret reporting that Sid Luft died last September. He had a heart attack at age 89. Did you know that he married the grandniece of Buster Keaton? Last I heard, Joey Luft was living in California and working as a photographer. I bet Mongo can fill in more...

Regarding the elevator scene in The Parent Trap, I appreciated that Lindsay Lohan sang "Let's Get Together" (from the original version) as she steps into the elevator.