Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bansi4

***ASK MONGO***

Christine,

Child actor Larry Simms began the "Blondie" series playing 'Baby Dumpling' then grew into playing the role of 'Alexander'.

His other notable role was as Peter Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life".

At age 72 and as of 2006 he is living in Thailand with his wife.

Daughter 'Cookie' was played by Marjorie Kent, an actress who faded out of sight.

If still with us, Miss Kent would be 67 years old.

And of course there was 'Daisy' the dog, who was actually a male named 'Spooks'.

Dear Mongol! Thanks again for your information on Ms Day.

Could you tell me if Ms lancaster has a a star on the walk of fame?

Also Who was the star of My Little Margie?

Mongo is a knowledgeable resource on countless films; Mongol is an expert only on the 1954 John Wayne film, THE CONQUEROR.

Van Johnson is estranged from his daughter, Schuyler Johnson, from his marriage to the late Eve Lynn Abbott (who was formerly married to Keenan Wynn). She married Johnson under pressure from MGM Chief Louis B. Mayer (to put to rest rumours regarding Johnson's sexual orientation) on the day her divorce from Wynn was finalized, January 25, 1947. Their daughter was born a year later, and they divorced in 1968.

Eve Lynn Abbott Wynn Johnson died in 2004 at the age of 90. Her daughter confirmed to The Globe (tabloid) that her father, Van Johnson, was a cold and disinterested father for most of her life (now 59 years old), and that he does indeed have homosexual proclivities.

Eve Johnson was supposedly writing a book regarding her marriage to Van, and to also explain in detail the estrangement between father and daughter. However, the book never made it in print.

Well I tried that thread and nothing came up. And I'm absolutely floored to hear about Van Johnson's proclivities. Wow!!!

Ned Wynn wrote an autobiography entitled "We Will Always Live in Beverly Hills" that gives some insight into Van Johnson's relationship with his daughter. It's an interesting read, regardless, about growing up as the son of a movie star. I believe it is out of print, but you may be able to find it at your library or from a bookseller that deals in used books.

Sandy K

Can't say that I have Sage...can't say that I have. I still love Van: "Easy to Wed" "A Guy Named Joe" "Miracle in the Rain"

If MGM owned the property, Van Johnson would have starred in "A Streetcar Named Desire" with June Allyson as Stella and Jane Russell (on loan out) as Blanche. It would have been great acting at it's height.

On the other hand Vivien Leigh and Marlon Brando would have been perfect in "Good News".

I better get some rest. Tommorrow I have an acting lesson with Marie Osmond who is preparing for her role in the remake of "A Lion in Winter", co-starring Harvey Fierstein. Directed by Charo, of course!

Christine, I don't know much about the ignore button since I usually ignore such twaddle.

>What is with the Ignore member?

If you click on "ignore member" then all of his/her posts turn up as blank boxes with no text in them, on your computer only.

You see, we piddle, twiddle, and resolve

Not one damn thing do we solve

Piddle, twiddle, and resolve

Nothing's ever solved in

Foul, fetid, fuming, foggy, filthy

Philadephia!

-- John Adams, singing Piddle, Twiddle and Resolve in the Brodway show 1776 (music and lyrics by - Sherman Edwards)

You see, we piddle, twiddle, and resolve

Not one damn thing do we solve

Piddle, twiddle, and resolve

Nothing's ever solved in

Foul, fetid, fuming, foggy, filthy

Philadephia!

-- John Adams, singing Piddle, Twiddle and Resolve in the Brodway show 1776 (music and lyrics by - Sherman Edwards)

Yo, mongo;

Another request for photos, I'm afraid.

At this writing, literally, the jury is out on the Phil Spector trial, and CourTV is awaiting a verdict.

Is there any available, postable photo of Mr. Spector that shows him without ANY of the hairpieces

he's been wearing in court for the last 4 months? Do we know what he looks like under the rug?

Awaiting your response, thanks.

comvor.