Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***ASK MONGO***

Hi Mongo

I have a couple of questions for you.

Did n't Burns and Allen Have children?

How many children did Spencer Tracy have , wasn't one of them deaf?

Is Benita Moreno From the George lopez show related to the talented Ms Moreno?

Also Did Ms Rita Moreno date Marlon Brando ?

Hi Christine, it's nice to hear from you again.

George Burns and Gracie Allen had two adopted children, daughter Sandra (1934) and son Ronnie (1935).

Spencer Tracy was the father of two children, son John who was born deaf in 1924 and daughter Louise (Susie) born in 1932. John died this past June at age 82.

Belita Moreno is not related to Rita Moreno. Rita has one child, a daughter Ferranda.

And yes, Rita did date Marlon Brando many years ago.

Hi Joe,

Mercy this man is homely (and not in the good sense!).....

I was shocked and surprised to see that in the photo, top row 3rd picyure and bottom row last right, he looks like Martita Hunt. Only Martita didn't look that bad!!

Poor Martita - - in her grave, she's rollin', rollin', rollin'.........

Larry

Hi Joe,

Thanks for that very nice and wonderful picture of Martita Hunt. She looks very good smiling; unfortunately, she usually played dower women, like Miss Haversham.

Nancy -

One of her best roles is in "Anastasia" as the Baroness Liebenbaum, the nutty chatelaine to The Dowager Empress...

She is the 'comic relief' in that movie!!

Larry

Yo, mongo;

I'm on another quote-quest to try to find another item to add to my catalogue of Useless Information. I've consulted what I could find of "Quotations" texts, and now I'm resorting to you.

Here goes:

Supposedly, allegedly, at some point decades ago, a Really Big Studio Executive said something

about, "Don't bring me anymore scripts where people write with feathers!" Supposedly, allegedly,

the result was a dearth of costume dramas from that studio for quite a while.

Did this really happen? If so, can that VIP be identified?

Hoping this is worth your time,

Regards,

cmvgor

Message was edited by: cmvgor

Hi Joe.

i was wondering were their other stars careers on the line with the studios for the affairs, I know Joan Bennett and Ingrid Bergman were ones I remember. I was just wondering if any ones Like Spencer Tracy Katherine Hepburn Marlo Brando and Gary Cooper were also?

Thanks

Christine

Thanks for offering your help!

There is a movie that I saw a long time ago, and I can't seem to remember the title.

I saw it a long time ago, and would like to see it again but I can't remember the name, or who was in it. (sad, I know)

I remember a few things about it:

1. It took place in Arabia

2. There was this man known as "King of the Beggars" who had a beautiful daughter

3. The man was in hiding because if he was caught stealing again, the Salton would cut off his hands

4. The king of the beggar's daughter meets the Calif, who is dressed as a commoner (Why, I do not remember) and he falls in love with her

5. The king of the beggars also goes undercover as a prince and the Salton whom he is hiding from finds out it is him. He too wants to marry the daughter. The king of the beggars promises his daughter to him, because he would cut off his hand if he didn't

This movie I believe was made in 40s-50s plus or minus one or two years.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

I believe the movie started with the letter S, although, I might be wrong.

Sandy, you can jump in anytime you want. As I stated before it's a community board member thread. I've fallen behind a bit with the 'Ask Mongo' thread. Sorry.

Indeed it sounds like the movie "Kismet" (1944) with Marlene Dietrich and Ronald Colman in glorius Technicolor.

Thanks also to CineSage for answering a question for cmvgor. It does sound like a Goldwynism, although of all his gems I have yet to read that one.

Christine, the love affairs of Tracy and Hepburn, Brando, Cooper, etc. were covered up by the studios to protect their big money stars.

In fact, Director George Cukor provided a lovenest on his property for Tracy and Hepburn. How cozy.

Larry, I'm glad that you liked the picture of Martita Hunt. She looked like she could be a hoot.

Thanks Joe.

I think it kind of lousy that they were treated better than others. I know they were major money makers, do you think they fooled the general public by trying to hide it?

I was also wondering if Michael Reanni Sorry I'm sure I did notspell his last name right, is from England? I really enjoy the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still?

Christine, the tall suave actor Michael Rennie was indeed born in England in 1909. He past away in 1971 at age 61.

As far as Hollywood affairs go, there were some movie magazines that leaked information, and it was sometimes hard to fool some die hard movie fans who usually guessed correctly (like my mother).

Hi Joe!

I was wondering what other movies he appeared in? He defintley played a very mysterious man in that movie.also I was wodering, why did Ms Vivin Vance and Mr. William Frawley Hated each other.

How did Lucy and Desi get along with Mr. Frawley?

Christine, in mid-career Michael Rennie made films for 20th Century Fox, which TCM doesn't have the rights to air at the moment.

Some of them include:

"The Black Rose" with Tyrone Power

"The 13th Letter" with Linda Darnell

"Phone Call from a Stranger"

"5 Fingers" with James Mason

"Les Miserables"

"The Robe"

"The Rains of Ranchipur" with Lana Turner

"Island in the Sun"

"The Lost World"

Most of them are aired on the Fox Movie Channel.

I beleive the hatred between Vivian Vance and William Frawley began when Frawley overheard Vance refer to him as an old coot. She wasn't happy with her elderly co-star.

Both were such pros that the public never realized their dislike for one another.

Lucy and Desi adored Frawley, as long as he didn't drink during rehearsals and taping of the shows.

Thank You for the films you had mentioned.I'll have to look for them on fox. Ihave another question for you.Did Mr. Frawley get along with the stars on My Three Sons? I myself love William Frawley.

I can imagine how it was for him to listen to lucy's and Desi's fights.

Christine,

Mr. Frawley was comfortable in his role as Bub on "My Three Sons", and got along nicely with the cast.

When it came to Lucy and Desi's bickering on the set, I doubt that Frawley was affected since he just wanted to do his job and go home.

Hope someone might know the name of this movie ! I thought it was a Ma and Pa Kettle movie.

I saw it last about 3 to 4 decades ago on TV.

The Part of the story I remember is that they find a statue of Lincoln at a dump and enter it in a parade. I think it might have been the Rose Bowl parade, but not sure.

I know I saw it at least twice, but cannot find this description any where?

Thanks

UncleDoug

I believe that William Frawley had a clause in his Lucy contract that would give him time off in October if the Yankees made the World Series. The Bronx Bombers made it to the Series eight years in the 1950's missing only " 54 & "59.

Hi Mongo - it's been a long time since I've asked you a question! :)

I know - and very much like - the fact that this is primarily a classic movie list - but I have a modern-era question that I've been wondering about for a number of years. I thought maybe you had heard something about it. I have a "hunch" that Mike Myers and Jim Carrey don't like each other - I don't know how bad it is or if I'm even right - but they never have anything to say about each other and seem to avoid each other. Most SNL 'regulars' tend to support each other and are quite friendly. I just think there seems to be something 'negative' between these two actors. Have you ever heard anything about it? Or do you think it's only in my mind? hehehe

Thanks muchly! :)

Hi Mongo - it's been a long time since I've asked you a question! :)

I know - and very much like - the fact that this is primarily a classic movie list - but I have a modern-era question that I've been wondering about for a number of years. I thought maybe you had heard something about it. I have a "hunch" that Mike Myers and Jim Carrey don't like each other - I don't know how bad it is or if I'm even right - but they never have anything to say about each other and seem to avoid each other. Most SNL 'regulars' tend to support each other and are quite friendly. I just think there seems to be something 'negative' between these two actors. Have you ever heard anything about it? Or do you think it's only in my mind? hehehe

Thanks muchly! :)