Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

excessive delivery times on TCM shop

eskimo

Does anyone else feel that 6 to 8 weeks to receive purchases items is crazy? I have never had to wait that long even for customized items. We ordered a "Now Playing" mag and even though they drafted my bank account the very next day, they claim it takes 6 to 8 weeks to deliver it. I may just start buying movie related books, magazines etc from Amazon.

An outside company actually handles Now Playing subscriptions for TCM. Six to eight weeks is not an unusual length of time for many publications to start new subscriptions. I've had some take as long as twelve. I have no idea why it takes so long, but 6-8 seems pretty standard in that business.

Orders for movies, books, etc. are actually from another company called Movies Unlimited which has been around for 25 years or more. I'd be very surpised if an order took 6-8 weeks. I've been buying from them for many years, even before TCM had an arrangement with them and I think the longest I ever had to wait was two weeks and usually it's quicker. Of course, if something is out of stock and they have problems getting it from their supplier it might take longer.

Still, it never hurts to look at other companies like amazon, sometimes there are some awfully good deals out there.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings