Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Abraham Lincoln Meets Count Dracula.

hamradio

Can someone comment on this upcoming movie "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" 2012? For the first time since becoming a member, I am lost for words. Is Jefferson Davis's Frankenstein not far behind?

[img=http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2011/04/Abraham-Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-2012-Movie-Poster-2-600x889.jpg]

If photo-protected http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2011/04/Abraham-Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-2012-Movie-Poster-2-600x889.jpg

****??? LOL....the IMDB page actually makes it sound interesting. Dominic Cooper (Mamma Mia) is in it! Noticed that one of the producers was none other than Tim Burton! Cinematography is by the Oscar-nominated Caleb Deschanel! Has to be better than Bonnie and Clyde vs Dracula...which horror fans liked but I thought was miserable, at least until the last 10 minutes or so.

Here's the lincoln poster, which...now that I think about it, and because Tim Burton was a producer, perhaps...somewhat resembles the poster for Burton's Sweeney Todd.

abrahamlincolnvampirehum.jpg

. . . This is typical of anything today being made to get a good "movie buck." ]:) Next, it will be Hitler rising from the ashes and . . . NO! . . . Wait . . . We've already had that one . . . Remember, "They Saved Hitler's Brain?" Then, I've got an even better one: JFK and Marilyn coming back from their graves as a sort of "Nick & Nora Charles" to help humanity against a series of horrible, flesh eating zombies, surfacing from a mysterious part of the middle-east, all brought about by a noted terrorist, who was believed to have been killed, but his body was kept alive by the CIA and then managed to escape back into the mountains of Western Pakistan and so forth . . . The movie will naturally have a lot of sex, the usual gruesome violence and a big destructive finale. Anyone for selecting a cast for the picture? B-)

The movie, *Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter* is based on a best-selling book of the same title. It's a mash-up of history and a vampire story. The book garnered good reviews when it was released and the movie rights were quickly nabbed up.

For everyone who wants to the traditional Lincoln story, you will get your chance with Daniel Day Lewis in the Spielberg directed movie, *Lincoln* which is currently filming. Photos from the production show that Day Lewis looks very much like Lincoln. The script for this one is from the book by Doris Kearns Goodwin. The film also stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt ( *500 Days of Summer* ) and Jared Harris ( *Game of Shadows* and *Mad Men* ).

Edited by: lzcutter on Jan 7, 2012 9:50 AM

lzcutter wrote:

<< For everyone who wants to the traditional Lincoln story, you will get your chance with Daniel Day Lewis in the Spielberg directed movie, "Lincoln" which is currently filming. >>

This is the type of movie I've been looking for, such a film is long over due. I hope it has a factual based plot/story and nothing embellished or one sided. Considering the life of Abraham Lincoln, I can't see it been told in less than 3 hours.

Some of the recent documentaries has been very good. They need to make a movie based on "The Hunt for John Wilkes Booth".

"The Conspirator" (2010) is a very nice film but it focused too much on Mary Surratt and not the other conspirators. A film about the attempted kidnapping and the conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln and other heads of state is also long over due.

Just came across a book on the internet, might be worth a read.

http://confederatebookreview.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-review-my-thoughts-be-bloody.html

> {quote:title=lzcutter mention:

> }{quote}The movie, *Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter* is based on a best-selling book of the same title. It's a mash-up of history and a vampire story. The book garnered good reviews when it was released and the movie rights were quickly nabbed up.

As for me: No matter how you want to look at it (or read it!) JUNK is JUNK. Stories like these are nothing more than preying upon the aged-old sensationlism factor. It just doesn't make any sense, unless one wants to be simply eccentric and fiddle around with reality as was the case with the film "300" a few years ago. Now, I'm sure this story of our greatest of all President will accumulate some excitement, but this will be primarily with the fans of the macabre and there's plently of those to go around. So, while this story, movie or whatever you want to call it will have its audience, anyone with a serious minded outlook to history and reality, should settle on what is our basic knowledge to the life and times of President Lincoln. Most people of reasonably sound mind will go for the Spielberg epic to come. This horror movie turns history into a video game and graphic comic for those who probably didn't get a good education, can't hold a job for more than six months, they continually borrow money from everybody and never pay it back, won't bother to read a newspaper or book, only to get all their information from a smart phone or the web; they would have a spasm, epileptic attack, stroke, seizure if they had to part with their Xbox or Playstation and my favorite one of all, can't speak the English language without the use of that nefarious "F" word, while referring to women in the lowest common denominator of a sexual nature.

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier mention:

> }{quote}I'm holding out for *George Washington vs the Man from Planet X*. :)

Yeah, I forgot about the father of our country. He too deserves some consideration for this subject! :^0 Anyway, my advice to the fanatics of this Lincoln horror movie is what Bill Shatner once said to a crazy fan: "You look like you're almost thirty . . . Get A Life . . . Move out of your parents basement . . . Be serious for a change." :|

> {quote:title=Fedya wrote:}{quote}But if it's based on work by Doris Kearns Goodwin, will it really be historical?

*NO*

She comes to conclusions based on physiological interpretations. Better said: she makes things up and is a total Court Historian hack. We will get the politically correct narrative from the movie.

You would think the movie would be based on the works of a true historian like James M. McPherson who is very liberal but at least he is a historian with depth.

Jake in the Heartland

> But if it's based on work by Doris Kearns Goodwin, will it really be historical?

I just know that it's based on her best-selling book, *Team of Rivals*.

The screenplay was written by award-winning playwright, Tony Kushner.

Yes, McPherson seems to be an all right guy:

McPherson signed a May 18, 2009 petition asking President Obama not to lay a wreath at the Confederate Monument at Arlington National Cemetery. The petition stated:

The Arlington Confederate Monument is a denial of the wrong committed against African Americans by slave owners, Confederates, and neo-Confederates, through the monument’s denial of slavery as the cause of secession and its holding up of Confederates as heroes. This implies that the humanity of Africans and African Americans is of no significance. Today, the monument gives encouragement to the modern neo-Confederate movement and provides a rallying point for them. The modern neo-Confederate movement interprets it as vindicating the Confederacy and the principles and ideas of the Confederacy and their neo-Confederate ideas. The presidential wreath enhances the prestige of these neo-Confederate events.

Wiki

Bolesroor wrote:

<< Cleverly-titled garbage is still garbage.>>

After watching "9" (2009) for the first time tonight, this is true in more ways than one. Ragdolls seems to be made out of garbage, filmed in garbage. Sort of live up to the expression Garbage in, garbage out!

Even if not that, movie is simply weird.

9_poster_9.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings