Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Digging on Saturday morning!

markbeckuaf

Man, just finished up watching RIVER'S END, an obscure little flick from 1930, with Charles Bickford, and the too cute for words Evelyn Knapp!!! Wow, that was so groovy!!! Sentimental, but loved every second of it!!!

Now digging on the 1951 drama, TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY, with hunky Steve Cochrane and luscious Ruth Roman!

And up later, another chapter in the Lone Wolf series, with my main man Warren William, Bomba The Jungle Boy feature, and a Coop flick, MAN OF THE WEST!!!

Thanks for yet another groovy Saturday morning, TCM!!

Oh yea and not to mention Chaplin all night tonight!!! Woohooo!

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:

> }{quote}Man, just finished up watching RIVER'S END, an obscure little flick from 1930, with Charles Bickford, and the too cute for words Evalyn Knapp!!! Wow, that was so groovy!!! Sentimental, but loved every second of it!!!

>

> Now digging on the 1951 drama, TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY, with hunky Steve Cochrane and luscious Ruth Roman!

>

Mark,

Groovin' on these flicks too!

I hadn't seen RIVER'S END in many years and had almost forgotten how good it was. TCM sure doesn't run this one often enough. Did you know there's a remake in 1940 starring Dennis Morgan and Elizabeth Earl? That one also isn't shown often. And when it is, it has the fake TV-print title DOUBLE IDENTITY. It's one of those cases in which the title of one version was changed when they were sold to TV (apparently it was felt at the time that the dumb TV audiences would confuse the two movies if the titles were the same).

And I totally agree with you about Evalyn Knapp! Always liked her and wish more of her films were available.

And nice to see ZaSu Pitts in the movie, too, wasn't it?

Digging TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY now on TCM. Never seen this one before. And it's good!

Interesting to hear the old songs they're using in the music score.

The 1929 hit song "Deep Night" seems to be the theme song: it was played over the main titles and credits, on the juke box in an early scene, and often as background music.

Also, heard "I Cover the Waterfront" and "Get Happy" played.

Check out this interesting info on some of the cars used in the movie:

http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=44136

Musicalnovelty, I agree!! OMG, Evalyn Knapp, wow! :) I saw the 1940 version of this flick quite a while ago, but I found this 1930 version quite a bit better. It was a total hoot to have Zasu in there, and also I dig J Farrell McDonald! I loved the romance between hard as nails Bickford and Knapp.

As for the Cochrane/Roman flick, it was a really good one! I didn't remember it but I think I saw the last half of it before. I have never seen it from the beginning! I could buy the arc of Roman's character too, so it worked for me. It was nice to see Cochrane in a lead role for a change. He did just fine, in my book! And both he and Roman are eye candy! :)

I agree 100%. Saturday mornings are something to look forward to. Now if we can only get TCM to double our pleasure and do a similiar thing with Sunday morning. I know this sounds a bit greedy. Give them an inch and next, they'll want a foot. So while I'm in my greed mode, how about giving us the whole nine yards and do this every morning?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings