Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are you sure? If they were to do one song on Sullivan, It would be the hit single, "Light My Fire", rather than the great opening album track, "Break on Through"....... Jagger was also asked by Sullivan to change a line of one of the Stones' songs. I forget what it was. Anyone?

I'm sure, Finance... I know that the disputed song was changed in Oliver Stone's "The Doors" for the purpose of clarity... and I know that most people (myself included) never even knew that the line from "Break On Through" was "She gets high" because the radio to this day only plays the "PG" version. I'm going through my discs to find the original version... soon as I do I will post it for you.

The Stones changed "Let's Spend The Night Together" to "Let's Spend Some Time Together" at the request of Ed's people. :^0

*If they were to do one song on Sullivan, It would be the hit single, "Light My Fire", rather than the great opening album track, "Break on Through".*

I don't know what song(s) the Doors did on Ed Sullivan, but BOT was the first single from the debut album. It did well in LA and some other markets, but failed to make much of an impact on the national charts. So it wouldn't have been just an album track, but a minor hit that they would have performed.

*The Stones changed "Let's Spend The Night Together" to "Let's Spend Some Time Together" at the request of Ed's people.*

Jagger always claimed that he didn't actually sing the cleaned-up line, but mumbled through that section.

Sorry, Bolesroor, it actually WAS "Light My Fire". I've seen the clip on PBS many times over the years, on top of remembering when it was on originally.

The difference from reality and the Stone movie: In both the movie and for real, Morrison WAS asked to change the words and NOT sing the word "higher". In reality, he wound up using the word, but explained that since the group had performed the song hundreds of times, force of habit took over. If you see the clip, he sings the line, "...girl, we couldn't get much higher." with no change in mannerism. In the Stone movie, Kilmer as Morrison makes it a point to push his face in the TV camera and laughingly sing "higher" with a mocking smile on his face!

Sepiatone