Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Channel Gone

stph035

When my local carrier went digital, we required a converter box to get all the channels. TCM was among those that were no longer available without it. We have a box on the main set, but the other television doesn't, and I can't get TCM (and others like TLC, SyFy, etc.) on the second set.

Edited by: rayallen on Jan 9, 2012 7:44 PM

You're lucky. I have Comcast and it is not part of the standard package. I had to get the Digital Preferred package to get TCM. So I guess the answer to your question is different stations and prices for different areas. Very unfair.A few months ago I contacted Comcast to find out if I could get METV in this area, they said no. It turns out that ComCast does carry METV in other locations in this state, just not in my area., but less than 200 miles away ComCast does carry the station!

Condos and apartments most usually negotiate a custom channel package with the local cable provider, so TCM being moved to Digital Preferred probably wouldn't affect that package, at least not without new negotiations. Usually, apartment/condo situations will let you pay more, and get the same packages available to anyone else in the area, from the cable provider.

As others have said, Comcast makes changes in different areas, at different times. Usually, a change like moving TCM to a more expensive tier, would eventually happen everywhere, just not everywhere at once.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings