Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kim 'Punk Heroine' Kaparoudis (forgive spelling)

RONEASLEY

Everyone saw Ben Mankiewicz's feature of Kim K., the spike-haired, tattooed, nose-ringed sweetheart of TCM, whose opinions of her die-hard love of the network and great motion pictures from the golden era of 'old Hollywood' were highlighted. We will all agree that we don't need or want to return to a past era, but Kim's smack-on views of classic film is quite refreshing. I'm not the only one who relished her "no comment" response to... "Ben Affleck". If you haven't seen it, check it out. There are about 100 other names she could have inserted in that 'say the first word that pops into your head'. She may look like a rooster, (the coif Chevy Chase's kid, Rusty wanted to sport in the 'National Lampoon's Vacation' movie), but she truly warms my heart. I'm going to Hollywood next week, only coincidentally with the Golden Globes. I could care less, but if some of the stars of the great films of yesteryear were going to be there, I'd be jazzed. I don't even know who the nominees are. What are we going to recall 25 years from now? The same films Kim is referring to, and others from the same era. Without TCM, it would be a total wasteland out there.

Ben Affleck may surprise you in the long run. Based on his films GONE BABY GONE and THE TOWN, the guy is poised to become another Eastwood in that he may not be taken very seriously as an actor, but as a director he shows incredible potential.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings