Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the name of this movie?

D'Nurse

Black & White with sound, maybe 40's

Storyline: Man likes girl but older man bets him she he could sleep with her. Some how he charms her into spending the night and then never speaks to her again. Remorseful, the man attempts to find the lady and learns she has thrown herself into the river and drowned.

No..not Dorian, I'm familiar with that one. She was a singer/pianist at a an old style "theater" where people performed on a stage...not unlike vaudeville. Blonde hair and angelic fragile face. Man kept coming to see the entertainment and become enamored with her and she with him but friend of gentleman bet she was like other entertainers/women(?)

Used to think it was called yellow songbird or something similar but haven't been able to find it.

Your description keeps sounding more like Picture of Dorian Gray. Angela Lansbury plays a girl who sings a song about a little yellow bird . It's either in a music hall or on a stage at her parents saloon George Sanders plays Dorians friend. Does the film take place in England or America?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 8, 2012 3:51 PM

I don't remember this movie well, but it was a 'very' old Marlyn Monroe movie, she was a showgirl and I think her Mother was also...A wealthy man kept coming to see her and ask for a date, at last she accepted..And met his family I think she was concerned his family would not not what she does for a living, if I remember his Mother at one time had also been on stage...hope this helps

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings