Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Black Bart(1948)

ERROL23

Charles Boles(Dan Duryea)says farewell to two pals,Lance(Jeffery Lynn)and Jersey(Percy Kilbride)and heads to California.

Soon the Wells Fargo stagecoaches are being held up by a mysterious masked outlaw called Black Bart(Duryea)

Another stagecoach is held up by Bart with pretty Lola Montez(Yvonne De Carlo)a nightclub singer.Bart falls in love with her.

Also on the stagecoach is Lance and Jersey who dont know Bart is their old pal Charles.

This was Frank Lovejoys first film.

Remade in 1967 as Ride To Hangmans Tree.

{font:Times New Roman} {font}*{font:}{color:black}Ride to Hangman's Tree{font}*{font:}{color:black} is on Encore rotation now. I've not yet seen it and didn't know it was a remake of *Black Bart*. It's now on my "must see" list. Thank you, Errol, for the information.{font}

{font:Times New Roman} {font}

• 2 months later...

TopBilled, you are so right about the combination of Universal westerns and Yvonne DeCarlo. They are all so entertaining, and one can usually count on at least one musical number from her. What a talent! I recently saw one of her early westerns, "Frontier Gal" and was surprised how enjoyable it was. One I haven't seen in a long time is "Scarlet Angel" with Rock Hudson. I keep hoping that the Encore Westerns channel will show it, since they seem to present a lot of Universal's westerns.

Terrence.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings