Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Watch for Joe

deadendkid

This is actually a television program from the 1950's. I'm looking or info here because I don't know where else to look. If anyone has any info or direction to go, please say so.

It's a television program from the early 50's, I think. Mid 50's at the latest. It stars Robert Jordan and Beverly Campbell. The only other info I have is that it is a Hal R. Makelim produced it. Thanks

It's some sort of educational film made by a union. See the bottom of page 4:

A Watch for Joe. approx. 50 minutes.

A Watch for Joe is a Hal R. Makelim production, staring Robert Jordan and Beverly Campbell. and directed by Jack Hively.

A Watch for Joe is a fictional movie promoting the R.C.I.U. The two main characters, Tom Johnson and Joe Adams, are friends in high school, have similar backgrounds, and both become retail clerks. However, Tom? s company is organized by the R.C.IU. while Joe?s remains non-unionized.

Due to the efforts

of the R.C.I.U., Tom receives excellent salary, overtime pay, and good benefits. Tom can afford to own a car, get married, and go on a long honeymoon. Tom?s life goes well because of the R .C .I. U.

Joe?s life spirals downward because he is not in the R.C.I.U. he cannot afford to get married or own a car. He also has no benefits and low job security.

Finally, Joes friends convince him to unionize his company. Despite company resistance, Joe and the R.C.I.U. successfully unionize Joe?s company and his life makes a dramatic turn for the better. His salary increases and he receives benefits. Joe can finally afford to get married. In addition, despite initially resisting unionization, Joe?s company comes to welcome unionization because of greater worker productivity. According to the movie, the R.C.I.U. benefits all parties involved.

http://www.utoledo.edu/library/canaday/findingaids1/MSS-093.pdf

> {quote:title=deadendkid wrote:

> }{quote}This is actually a television program from the 1950's. I'm looking or info here because I don't know where else to look. If anyone has any info or direction to go, please say so.

>

> It's a television program from the early 50's, I think. Mid 50's at the latest. It stars Robert Jordan and Beverly Campbell. The only other info I have is that it is a Hal R. Makelim produced it. Thanks

Yes, being a Bowery Boys (and related groups) fan, I've known about this for several years, but have never seen it. I have an article on it around here someplace. I'll let you know if I find it.

A few years ago there was a still from it offered on eBay. I tried for it but lost it. I hope you were the winner!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings