Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mack Sennett shorts in August

musicalnovelty

News from Paul Gierucki of CineMuseum:

This August marks the 100th anniversary of the opening of Mack Sennett's Keystone Studios.

In honor of this historic event CineMuseum is collaborating with TCM, archives and private collectors around the world to restore 100 Sennett films for the 100th anniversary!

More, many of these rare films will air on TCM through the month of August!

Happy birthday, Keystone!

More details soon.

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}News from Paul Gierucki of CineMuseum:

>

> This August marks the 100th anniversary of the opening of Mack Sennett's Keystone Studios.

> In honor of this historic event CineMuseum is collaborating with TCM, archives and private collectors around the world to restore 100 Sennett films for the 100th anniversary!

> More, many of these rare films will air on TCM through the month of August!

> Happy birthday, Keystone!

> More details soon.

>

>

>

I wonder how this will work with Summer Under the Stars, which is normally scheduled for August. If the films "air through August" I wonder if they will air between movies or if they will have their own day, or both?

Let us hope a few featuring the teenaged Carole Lombard, made relatively late in Sennett's tenure, are included in the mix. I'd love to see a restored "Run, Girl, Run," and the four-reel "The Girl From Everywhere" is supposedly plenty of fun.

> I wonder how this will work with Summer Under the Stars, which is normally scheduled for August. If the films "air through August" I wonder if they will air between movies or if they will have their own day, or both?I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mack Sennet will be the Star of The Day...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mack Sennett will be the star of the day.

I can tell you right now this is going to be the one day I'll look forward to the most.

Yancey

> {quote:title=yanceycravat wrote:}{quote}

> > I wonder how this will work with Summer Under the Stars, which is normally scheduled for August. If the films "air through August" I wonder if they will air between movies or if they will have their own day, or both?I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mack Sennet will be the Star of The Day...

> I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mack Sennett will be the star of the day.

That's what I'm thinking. And I'm expecting that sound shorts will also be included.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings