Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Matter of Life and Death - wonderful film tonight 1/12

filmlover

I've read the plot and this movie is a lot like the stories of "Out-of-body" or "near death experiences". Generally its a person flying towards a bright light at the end of a long tunnel, not a broad escalator (no big rush to get there??)

With stories of people experiencing this phenomenon, I wonder is this where the producer got the idea? Like in real life, the movie never states if one was really in heaven or "the other world" or not.

Interesting in that this movie comes after World War II when airmen got to tell their stories.

Yes. Sadly, I must admit. I know it will come as a shock to the many who admire that dearly beloved classic of the cinematic art that anyone could not be devoted to it as they are. Wretch that I am, such a severe physical reaction comes over me when I watch it, that to preserve the color of my carpet, I must refrain absolutely.

I had enough of this thing, LOL .. That's heaven?? Hell's not looking so bad. There is not an alien abduction, acid trip, out of body experience tale that can compare to this.

If Dante Alighieri was alive to see this, he would had incorporated it into his "Divine Comedy" and would be a level in Dante's Inferno reserve for Hollywood producers to spend eternity. ]:)

> {quote:title=audreyforever wrote:}{quote}Around 9:30 last night I flipped to TCM to cathc a glimpse of The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp and I mean WOW! the colors are so balanced and in-line I thought it was a modern movie for a second!

If it was a modern movie, it would have had a green or amber tint. ;)

I always phrase a great-looking color film as appearing as if it came out of the lab yesterday. That's because so many of them do appear these days as terribly faded, especially the ones done in DeLuxe Color.

What they do to color films these days turns me off completely. It's not that I'm a nostalgist who insists that everything made "in my day" was better that what comes out now, but it does bother me that so many color films made me think that I'm looking at it with sunglasses on.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings