Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jimmy Stewart and the Yeti Finger

ValentineXavier

I have an amateur's interest in anthropology and archaeology. While perusing one of my favorite news sites for such, I ran across something that people here might find amusing:

>A year later, Byrne returned to the monastery and struck a deal with the monks about removing just one finger.

>

>According to Byrne, the alleged yeti's digit was replaced with a human finger provided by professor Osmond Hill, who got it from a severed hand belonging to the Hunterian Museum.

>

>The relic was smuggled out of Nepal with the help of Hollywood movie star James Stewart, who was on holiday in Calcutta with his wife, Gloria.

>

>Hidden in Gloria's lingerie case, the finger finally reached the scientist in London.

>

>Professor Hill identified it as belonging to an early hominid.

>

>But DNA analysis performed at the Zoological Society of Scotland in Edinburgh proved that Hill was wrong.

>

>"We found human DNA," the zoo's genetics expert, Rob Ogden, told the BBC.

You can read the entire article here, but there is no further mention of Jimmy:

http://news.discovery.com/history/yeti-finger-mystery-solved-111229.html

>The relic was smuggled out of Nepal with the help of Hollywood movie star James Stewart, who was on holiday in Calcutta with his wife, Gloria. Hidden in Gloria's lingerie case, the finger finally reached the scientist in London.

Which is the real reason why, one thing leading to another, Stewart and Doris Day's little boy was kidnapped, forcing her to sing Que Sera Sera at an unnamed foreign embassy after her scream saved the ambassdor from being assassinated at a performance of Benjamin Britten's Storm Clouds Cantata the Royal Albert Hall.

Well, it's no more improbable than the notion of yetis roaming around the Himalayas, is it?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings