Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Betty White

thestick

I realize that Betty isn't classic movie material but is rather a queen in classic TV. She turns 90 tomorrow and I wonder if you guys and the TCM programmers would consider her for a guest programmer spot. I for one would be interested in her picks! What do you think?

Betty White had a good supporting role in *Advise and Consent* (1962) but didn't return to films until the late 90s when she played old ladies in a few films.

Betty grew up in Los Angeles (you can see where she lived in 1930 by checking http://allanellenberger.com/book-flm-news/betty-white-in-the-1930-census), and in one of her books, she writes that her Hollywood idol was, of all people, Jeanette MacDonald! (I'm guessing that was from Jeanette's mid- to late-thirties MGM period, not her Paramount-Lubitsch "lingerie queen" days.) Betty, with her splendid comedic sense, would make a great guest programmer, and I wonder what films she would choose.

I was watching the tribute show to her on Saturday night (I think it was repeated from earlier in the week)

it was on the american network (I am in Canada)

I believe it was meant to be a 2 hour show but at 9 pm just when the cast of Hot in Cleveland were up on the stage it ended POOF and another show started

that was so rude

> {quote:title=kaslovesTCM wrote:}{quote}I was watching the tribute show to her on Saturday night (I think it was repeated from earlier in the week)

> it was on the american network (I am in Canada)

> I believe it was meant to be a 2 hour show but at 9 pm just when the cast of Hot in Cleveland were up on the stage it ended POOF and another show started

> that was so rude

Now ya see, THIS right HERE is EXACTLY the reason why come this November I'm placin' MY faith in THESE folks!

I mean, I think it's about time my fellow Americans consider lettin' those folks up that a way start callin' the shots down here! THIS would've NEVER happened on the CBC!!!

;)

(...btw...for those "faint of heart", be forewarned...there's a few "bad words" in this video..but not many)

Edited by: Dargo on Jan 22, 2012 5:33 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings