Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

need to find this movie, please help

lisadawnwidman

My mom asked me to try to find this movie from her childhood. So it has to be between 1946 and 1956. it's a black and white movie and it has several scenes on a train (if not all of them). there is a little girl in the movie, for a while she thought it was Shirley Temple but later remembered it wasn't but can't remember who it was. There was a man on the train who didn't like the way it sounded, or it bothered him so he made up a saying or a song to drown out the noise with skalamadoosh/kalamadoosh (sp?) the little girl had a chaperone who turned out to later be her mom and the man and the woman end up falling in love. I'm sorry I don't have more information, I'm just going on what she can remember from her childhood. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I can't quite remember the name myself, but it was shown on TCM within the last year. It was from the 40s, or early 50s. B&W, sort of a comedy/mystery. Is he a reporter, looking for a story? I can't remember the leads. I do recall liking it, and the little onomatopoeic rhyme, to sound like the rails sounds, was infectious. I'm sure someone will remember it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings