Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frederica Segor Maas

HomesoulM

Is TCM would have a Sunday silent honoring the late screenwriter Frederica Segor Maas? She was one of the few people who was involved in silent pictures. Whom are the others since there would be no person living who was directly linked to silent movies? Hope for replies.

It might be difficult to find a film where there is a writing credit for TCM to run. And that they have the rights to show. She said that several films she wrote the scripts to were credited to other people. Unless, she explains which ones they were in her recent book?

I think it's a great idea, Homesoul.

She worked on quite a few Clara Bow pics, including IT, RED HAIR, HULA, and THE PLASTIC AGE. She also worked on FLESH AND THE DEVIL. She has an autobiography that might illuminate more movies she worked on. You can buy it here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Shocking-Miss-Pilgrim-Maas-Frederica-Sagor-/380377226982?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item58903fdee6

Frederica Sagor Maas reminds me a lot of Louise Brooks. Sagor claims to have scripted a lot of silnt films for which she was uncredited, story ideas that other writers turned into scripts, etc between 1925 and 1928. Without onscreen writing credits, which most silents of the 20s included, it's hard to know exactly what she did or didn't write.

There's a stream of bitterness in her book, The Shocking Miss Pilgrim, that's hard to miss. In how many films did she received credit? I looked at several of the films and she received no credits.

She started out as a story editor (a reader) and was briefly on the writing staff at MGM.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings