Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pressure Point. TCM, What happened?

aimalac91748

What happened with 'Pressure Point'? Was someone at TCM sleeping? Usually TCM will have plenty of lead and lag time with their movie scheduling. This mornings showing was not the case though. TCM has 'Pressure Point' with an airing time of 89 minutes. IMDB has it's airing time at 91 minutes. The movie was scheduled to show from 6:30am - 8:00am PST. This is only a 90 minute span. The actual movie didn't start until about 4 1/2 minutes after it's scheduled start time. I had my DVR set to record it while sleeping. When I awoke and was checking to see the total run time so I could set my DVD recorder to record it I noticed quite a bit had been missing off the ending. Like I mentioned earlier, TCM usually allows plenty of excess time at the beginning and ending of their scheduling block. I hope this was a one time error and not an indication of things to come. Also I would hope TCM could find enough time in the schedule at some future date to fit the entire, and then show it in its entirety. Other than that one foul-up, you're doing an excellent job.

It is as you say, usually TCM has plenty of timeslot to accommodate a film, and once in a while they do not. I always note the running time, and pad the DVR recording if it is tight. When the previous film ran long, I thought I was going to lose some of the end. But, I got lucky, and got it all, with 30sec. to spare, Whew!

I suspect that when a film runs long, it is because TCM was misinformed about the running time by the distributor. One would think that they would check running times when they get the digital copies, but that may not be far ahead enough to adjust the schedule.

I thought it was my DVR or Directv that made the mistake. I didn't think about it being TCM's fault. I was really caught up in the conversation between them and couldn't believe it when the movie stopped.

Has anyone seen it before? Does anyone out there know what happened?

Edited by: bagladymimi on Jan 16, 2012 10:19 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I finally watched it, and here's what I posted about the ending in another thread:

>

>In the parole hearing, Darin convinces the parole board that he is sane, reformed, and Poitier just hates him, because Poitier is prejudiced against him for being white. Later, Darin tells Poitier that of course the parole board believed him, a convict, rather than Poitier, a Dr., because Darin is white, and Poitier black. All this takes place while while Poitier is packing up, because he has resigned his job. Poitier responds by putting Darin in his place, verbally, and Darin is obviously taken aback by it.

>

>Flash forward to present day - Peter Falk asks Poitier what ever became of Darin. Poitier says that 10 years later, he killed an old man for no reason, and was hung. Falk decides not to resign, but to go back to try and help the black kid he has not been getting through to. He says that he will see the kid in black face next time, and Poitier says that's a good idea.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings