Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Haxan - TCM you outdid yourself.

hamradio

I watched "Haxan" (1922) and in a thousand years I never thought TCM would show a silent in which people stood in line to literally kiss the devil's behind. :^0 That left me in stitches.

I've seen some of these images, like that goofy devil getup in documentaries and wondered what movie(s) they came from.

Can I assume this movie was never showed in the U.S. during the 1920's?

Just learned something, "The End" in Danish is *****.*

There is a curse on this movie!

I have tried to watch it every time it has been aired. There has always been a cable outage or equipment failure. It took a major storm last night to knock out the satellite at me esso's and the power at my home to keep me from seeing it.

SansFin wrote:

<< There is a curse on this movie! >>

At least this time we have someone to blame. I didn't know that the expression tie the knot was an old curse to cause women to lose their unborn children.

HAXAN-2_large.jpg

I think Gene Simmons must have seen this movie. The devil in "Haxan" is one piece of work, lol.

haxandevil.jpg

500full.jpg

homemade-gene-simmons-kiss-demon-costume

I recorded Haxan on the off-chance it might be interesting. I knew nothing about it. Just watched it. My eyes were wide the whole time. Every now and then I tried to look away. Did not succeed.

I wonder did it always have those two hues: rosy sandstone and deep lake blue.

"They ate a meal of toads and unchristened children."

This is a very disturbing movie. The first time I saw it several years ago I was spooked! One of the scariest films ever made.It is available in the same gorgeous print that aired last night on DVD from the Criterion Collection by the way. If you saw this, you may have noticed that the sequence with the Kleptomaniac woman was not just tinted amber, but toned a violet shade as well. Tinting and toning in combination was common in the early 20's, but few examples survive, at least not that are in circulation. A very striking effect.

PHOTO_15913565_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

Mary Miles Minter-"Could She have just seen Haxan?"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings