Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need ending to THE DAYDREAMER

gothos

So the other day I'm watching TCM's broadcast of this Rankin-Bass offering, with an eye toward reviewing it later.

However, just a few minutes before the ending, the image goes frozen and stays that way until TCM cuts in with an announcement of the day's coming schedule.

I've no idea whether the "freeze frame" happened nationally or not, but whether from recent screening or memory--

Does anything important happen right after Chris' father buys freedom for himself and Chris from the nasty game warden? I assume at the very least Chris takes to heart the importance of love and family, since that's where the film was headed.

• 1 month later...

Short answer: They all lived happily ever after.

Details: Dad and Chris teleport home. Margaret Hamilton drops in for a visit, in an appearance that differs from her visit to the Gale farm mainly in the use of color film. Chris applies himself diligently to his cipherin’ lessons. The image fades to a grown-up Chris writing Once upon a time on a sheet of parchment. We hear the Sandman claiming credit for helping Chris and wondering if he might do the same for you, the viewer.

I’ve noticed these freeze ups about once a year during the 5 years I have had TCM. They always start during the final 5 minutes of the movie and thaw within 5 minutes after the movie ends. I chalk it up to coincidence, but it sure would be nice if TCM would show the 1931 Maltese Falcon again.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings