Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: I'd like to know...

Sepiatone

...Why sometimes when I hit "enter", my cursor moves to the next line, and sometimes it SKIPS a line?

...Why sometimes when I click on "bold", the font will "bold" in the reply page, but show up with the word between two asterisks at other times?

...Why sometimes the emoticon I click on doesn't show up when I submit my post?

...How I can present a quote in my post replies? Other forums I belong to have an app I can click on for this that's pretty much foolproof.

...Why the most recent post to a thread is at the top of page one instead of the bottom of, say, page five?

Why?

Sepiatone

> ...How I can present a quote in my post replies? Other forums I belong to have an app I can click on for this that's pretty much foolproof.

I use the Plain Text feature in the reply window. You place a > at the beginning of the sentence, then a space and then paste in the part of post you wish to quote. Be sure to leave some space between the end of the quote and your reply, (two lines at least). Otherwise, it will all appear in a white box for some bizarre reason.

> ...Why the most recent post to a thread is at the top of page one instead of the bottom of, say, page five?

You can go into your Control Panel, just to the right of your Inbox and once there you can change your settings so that you can read threads in either a ascending or descending manner.

You can also change the settings for the number of threads per page and make them either ascending or descending.

Hope that helps!

> ...How I can present a quote in my post replies? Other forums I belong to have an app I can click on for this that's pretty much foolproof.

I use the Plain Text feature in the reply window. You place a > at the beginning of the sentence, then a space and then paste in the part of post you wish to quote. Be sure to leave some space between the end of the quote and your reply, (two lines at least). Otherwise, it will all appear in a white box for some bizarre reason.

> ...Why the most recent post to a thread is at the top of page one instead of the bottom of, say, page five?

You can go into your Control Panel, just to the right of your Inbox and once there you can change your settings so that you can read threads in either a ascending or descending manner.

You can also change the settings for the number of threads per page and make them either ascending or descending.

Hope that helps!

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote}

> Why sometimes when I click on "bold", the font will "bold" in the reply page, but show up with the word between two asterisks at other times?

It is sensitive to punctuation. I do not remember all the ways it misbehaves. I do know that it will be asterisks if a question mark follows the bold text.

You can use the "preview" tab to check before submitting the post.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings