Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROBINSON CRUSOE - Lost at Sea!

Ray Faiola

Here are a few comments on MISS ROBIN CRUSOE that I just posted in another thread:

It really was pretty cheesy - looked like a Monogram jungle set (I half expected to see The Bowery Boys or Bomba The Jungle Boy walk into a scene at any moment!) It's actually an independent production released through 20th Century-Fox.

But it has bright colors, and was good fun in a "bad movie fun" sort of way.

The editing looked weird in that a lot of scenes seemed to fade out to black too quickly before they appeared to really be over.

I was actually looking forward to this one as something I'd never seen, or even heard of before. And I admit I did enjoy it.

Was this a TCM premiere? I don't recall ever seeing it scheduled before.

My DirecTV box guide said it was the Luis Bu?uel version, as did the printable monthly schedule.

It's also supposed to show up in February; Dan O'Herlihy was nominated for Best Actor if memory serves.

I figured I'd watch the February showing anyhow, since I had my morning routine for today planned around *Ruby Gentry*, which at least was good for a few laughs.

None of you gents get the Now Playing guide? The January NP guide shows MISS ROBIN CRUSOE (1953) for this morning - it is also listed in the A-Z index in the back. I also have February's guide, and do not see this film repeated, nor do I see ROBINSON CRUSOE (1954 - the Bunuel version?) listed at all for February (sorry Fedya).

P.S. - just checked Youtube, the Bunuel version is posted there in full...

[TCMs page on the movie|http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/66823/Adventures-of-Robinson-Crusoe/] claims that it's airing at 8:00 PM on February 21 and 4:00 AM on Sunday April 29 (that latter is probably early Monday morning).

(BTW: Why do apostrophes in the link text cause the formatting to go haywire?)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings