Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Costa Concordia - a possible movie?

hamradio

With the criuse ship *Costa Concordia* in the news and that image burned into our minds, how long will it take for a movie? If one is made, who is best to play the world's most hated man, Francesco Schettino?. Fortunately for script writers he has already came up with a good one liner I fell into the lifeboat!

Thinking about a title "On the Rocks" or "Costa Concordia - No Cause for Alarm"? Any ideas that they could incorporate into a possible movie?

I've seen many ship disaster movies but the way that ship ended up on its side so prominently is somewhat unique.

0115_Ship_full_600.jpg

ap_Francesco_Schettino_nt_120116_wblog.j

Recently, on the "Tonight Show", Jay Leno referred to the captain as "Captain Skedaddle".

And the ship lying on it's side is rare but not unique. In 1960, an ocean going freighter collided with a tugboat and wound up lying on it's side under Detroit's Ambassador bridge.

I'd wait a while before making a movie out of this. Not only out of respect for those who died in the mishap, but to see how it eventually plays out. I think a movie about the aftermath, with the shipwreck played out in flashback would be more interesting.

Sepiatone

We've got to add some international terrorists and a hidden-bomb plot. Someone has to try to defuse the bomb (should he cut the red wire or the green wire?). Also, a big jewel heist onboard. Also, some really old couple who were just babies when they sailed on the Titanic in 1912, now they are married and on the Concordia for a vacation.

Also, about half a dozen couples about to get a divorce and arguing all during the film. Also, a group of escaped murderers pretending to be vacationing passengers. Plus an ex-Nazi prison camp guard, who has been masquerading for years as an international businessman, then he meets someone on board who was a prisoner in his camp in 1945.

What else?

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> What else?

Aliens.

Disabled children not being able to find the stray dog who helped them find hope and meaning in their lives.

The herbivorous inventor of a 200-mpg carburetor being chased by meat-eating gunmen hired by Big Oil.

A good witch being stalked by her evil twin.

FredCDobbs wrote:

<< Also, some really old couple who were just babies when they sailed on the Titanic in 1912, now they are married and on the Concordia for a vacation. >>

That wouldn't work because the last Titanic survivor just recently passed away. I've seen her a lot on the History and Discovery channels.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/01/last-titanic-survivor-dies

People has mentioned how odd this Costa Concordia disaster occured just 3 months before the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

(TCM programmers - take a hint :| )

Sepiatone does have a very good point in that we should wait to see how it all plays out but one thing keeps coming to mind, how can the Captain of this floating "Disneyland" run it aground - doesn't it have *sonar??*

I'm most certain there will be conspiracy theorist that will suggest *sabatoge,* a nice plot (since when has Hollywood ever based everything on the truth?)

One thing I like to add, has anyone ever noticed how *tall* these cruise ships are? They look like they would capsize with a slight breeze.

>One thing I like to add, has anyone ever noticed how tall these cruise ships are? They look like they would capsize with a slight breeze.

I agree. These types of boats seem very top-heavy to me. I've been expecting one to flip over due to a "rogue wave".

costa-concordia.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings