Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's Marius Goring's 100th Birthday this May! Hope TCM mentions it.

tmovies

All together now....WHO? Well, this is probably my favorite actor, and a very difficult one to actually view, as a lot of his work appears to be lost, or inacessible to us lowly Americans. He was Conductor 71 in a Matter of Life and Death (Stairway to Heaven), and Julian Craster in The Red Shoes, and a hell of a lot of cruel (and sometimes inadvertently likeable) German soldiers and once even a kind of pimp! However he played many, many other types of roles, murderers, detectives, a great Scarlet Pimpernel on radio and tv, Shakespearean roles, you name it, he could do it, and all really well. He also got his heart broken by Ava Gardner a couple of times in Pandora and the Flying Dutchman and the Barefoot Contessa. It won't surprise me if you don't know who he is. My own 80 year old mother, who has always been a huge movie fan, who in fact got to see most of these when they actually came out, has no idea who this guy is. When I found that out, I got depressed. Do yourself a favor and revisit this actor's work. I'm still trying to see most of it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings